The goal we strive for is to raise an independent, self-confident person convinced of their worth. As teachers, our task is to support and guide the child’s development in accordance with their natural potential and abilities in relations with the natural, social and cultural world.
Our education program
Through education in the Montessori environment, we want to develop the child’s:
- Courage in thinking and acting;
- Independence in thinking and acting;
- Responsibility for oneself, others and for the environment;
- Respect for oneself, others and the environment;
- Mind open to exploring the world and discovering oneself;
- Ability to coexist in harmony with others, not necessarily in a spirit of competition;
- Creativity, i.e. the ability to search for solutions to one’s problems and questions;
- Awareness of oneself, one’s strengths and weaknesses;
- Conviction of one’s value, belief in one’s own abilities.
We implement the program using Montessori development materials. Children develop through individual, free work and group activities in a circle for the whole group. Very important for us is teaching attentive work in silence and practising concentration and focus on selected tasks. For this they use properly prepared Montessori teaching aids and materials.
Children at “Dwujęzyczne” don’t learn by memorizing. We show them how to acquire knowledge living in an era of easily accessible information. We teach how to use knowledge for our own purposes. We shape creative, thoughtful, resourceful and independent people.
Holistic human education is our priority. We prepare children for life in their surrounding environment, society and culture. We teach independent problem solving, criticism, questioning and seeking answers. We raise children to be aware of their value and self-confident, but also disciplined, with a sense of duty.
The main sections of Montessori education at the “Dwujęzyczni” preschool:
- Practical life – preparing the child for life, working on independence, self-service – eating, dressing, coordination and harmony of movement, using the toilet independently, etc.
- Sensory development – improving the senses of sight, touch, hearing, smell and taste, preparation for activity in the area of mathematics, language, culture
- Mathematics education – experiencing mathematical concepts by playing with specific educational materials, developing a “mathematical mind”, learning the true nature of arithmetic operations
- Language education – enriching vocabulary, preparation for reading and writing, visual and auditory letter recognition, reading comprehension
- Cultural education – physical geography, botany, zoology, history, astronomy, ecology, multiculturalism
(Not) foreign languages at the “Dwujęzyczni” preschool
At the “Dwujęzyczni” preschool, we speak 3 languages (English, Spanish and Polish) throughout the day. Thanks to this, the cultural worldview of our pupils is broader than that of monolingual children, who often seem to think that only their language, culture and customs matter in the world. At “Dwujęzyczni”, other languages are not foreign to children.
We never force a child to attempt to speak on their own if they are not yet ready. Children decide themselves when they start speaking a second language. In this way we eliminate stress, fear and embarrassment of making a mistake.
The educational and childcare program is based on the curriculum of the Ministry of National Education.